Sunday 4 July 2010

Tasty & Low Cal.

As a new Mummy I am trying to shift a few pounds. Let's just say 'a few' and leave it at that! It's also nice to be able to go back to eating some foods which I avoided in pregnancy but unfortunately traditional spaghetti carbonara doesn't really conform to my new low calorie regime. I think it might be the 200ml of cream per person, hmm...

So on Friday evening, with both smoked salmon and eggs that needed eating in my fridge I decided to have a stab at my own version...

Serves 2
200ml creme fraiche
200g smoked salmon, cut into ribbons
2 eggs, beaten
250g tagliatelle
2 or 3 cloves garlic, crushed (depends how strong you like it)
Parsley, chopped


1. Cook the pasta
2. Meanwhile gently fry the crushed garlic in a little olive oil.
3. Just as the pasta is ready, add the creme fraiche to the garlic and turn the heat up a little.
4. Drain the pasta and return to the pan but do not place back on the heat
5. Add the salmon ribbons to the creme fraiche and garlic
6. Stir the egg into the pasta, quickly and then straight away add the pasta to the salmon mixture.
7. Quickly stir everything together and turn out into big pasta bowls, topping with sprinkled parsley.
8. Serve ASAP and hope you haven't forgotten to buy Parmesan. Oh, black pepper is v good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment