Thursday 10 March 2011

Stylish Work Accessories

To ease the pain of returning to work I have made myself some pretty bits, a notebook cover and a pencil case.

The notebook cover slips over a cheap hardback notebook so I could use it on another book once this one is full. It has a closing tab with a magnetic clasp and a piece of pink elastic to hold my pen. There's also a couple of pockets on the inside of the cover to stash loose bits of paper or business cards. I looked at a lot of tutorials for covering a notebook but I didn't follow any particular one, just combined the bits that I knew I would use.

For the pencil case I followed this tutorial which I've used a few times to make make up bags for family and friends but this is the first pencil case. Most of the bags I've made I've lined with a piece of oil cloth which makes them hold their shape better and gives them a waterproof lining. For the pencil case I had a scrap of green polka dot oil cloth left over from making my bambino's nappy change mat.

I sprayed both items with a protective guard spray, meant for shoes, in the hope that they won't get too grubby when chucked in the bottom of my bag. And I'm not done making bags yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment